As part of our Lenten Project and Hunger Awareness activities, St. John’s Youth Group will be providing Easter food baskets for neighborhood families. During Lent (beginning Ash Wednesday, March 1st) we will be collecting food for these baskets. You can help by donating the following items:
For the cupboard:
- Rice or Pasta: spaghetti, fettuccini, penne, bowtie, macaroni, noodles, ramen noodles
- Canned vegetables and fruits
- Canned/Jar Sauces: Pasta, pizza, tomato
- Soups: Canned soups, broth, and bouillon and dried soup mixes
- Meats: Canned tuna, and chicken
- Peanut butter
For Fresh Foods:
- Cash Donations
- Weis or Martins Gift Cards
3 or 4 Plastic Laundry Baskets
Items will be collected until Sunday, April 9 and can be placed in baskets in Mary Martha Hall and the Tree of Life Worship Center.
Extra items not used in the food baskets will be donated to St. Mark’s Food Bank.