Looking for a place to gather with other women to talk about your faith? Women of the ELCA is just for you. We’re a community of women where fellowship, friendship, study, service and advocacy are nurtured. Here you’ll find original, inventive and imaginative support.
All women of St. John’s are welcome to come to Lydia’s Circle, a weekly time of Bible study, fellowship and fun.. This group meets in the cafe of the the Worship Center on Sunday evenings between 6:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. For more information, speak with Sandy Weaver or Diane Ballentine.
Women of the ELCA Blog
Commentary and reflections on issues, events and trends in our church, society and world, as seen through the lens of our mission and purpose and our ministries.
- Mon, 02 Aug 2021 10:23:44 +0000: Let the light of Christ shine through us every day - Blog – Women of the ELCA
by Susan P. Harris TOO OFTEN, we think of ourselves as insignificant, perhaps even inadequate. But God does not see
The post Let the light of Christ shine through us every day appeared first on Women of the ELCA.
- Thu, 29 Jul 2021 10:20:00 +0000: Look closely at the Emmaus story to better understand how you recognize Jesus - Blog – Women of the ELCA
I HAVE A NEPHEW with an unmistakable speaking voice—basso profundo with a low, slow chuckle. Or at least, it's unmistakable
The post Look closely at the Emmaus story to better understand how you recognize Jesus appeared first on Women of the ELCA.
- Mon, 26 Jul 2021 10:30:11 +0000: God heard a lot of ‘thank yous’ from Wisconsin pastor on summer trip - Blog – Women of the ELCA
by Jennifer Christenson MY FAMILY AND I just returned from our yearly vacation in northern Wisconsin. For one glorious week,
The post God heard a lot of ‘thank yous’ from Wisconsin pastor on summer trip appeared first on Women of the ELCA.
- Mon, 19 Jul 2021 10:47:18 +0000: With the grace of God, you can value and love yourself - Blog – Women of the ELCA
THREE WEEKS BEFORE my dental appointment, I started trying to do the right thing. I flossed my teeth twice daily.
The post With the grace of God, you can value and love yourself appeared first on Women of the ELCA.
- Mon, 12 Jul 2021 09:56:06 +0000: Who am I? Will the real me please stand up? - Blog – Women of the ELCA
by Sonia C. Solomonson A STARGAZER LILY doesn’t try to become a rose. A cardinal doesn’t aspire to be a robin.